Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Home Inspiration: Blue, White, and ORANGE!?

What do you guys think?  I've been dead set on blue and white for the bedroom.  We have a lot of maps hanging in there now.  No headboard.  A needs-to-be repainted white dresser.  A dark wood target desk.  No curtains.  Blue walls.  A bathroom that's two shades lighter.  White duvet.  Boring.  BoringBoring!

I'm thinking we need something to pop this room up.  Without repainting.  Because I do like the blue.  And handy dandy orange is right across the color wheel.  Plus, I can't believe I haven't thought of orange-and-blue before with it practically smacking me in the face with our orange and blue Chicago Ork poster

These are the inspiration photos (because I'm not quite yet willing to show the interwebs a picture of the disaster that is our bedroom):

Photo found here on Apartment Therapy

Photo found here on Apartment Therapy
And this could be a nice print to hang on the wall.  I love the colors and I'd love it even more if it was a month that was special to us.  (ehem, wouldn't it be cute to give someone a framed print of the calendar month of their wedding?  Or perhaps a framed print to hang in a child's room of the month a baby was born.  Adorbs!) 

Paper Source Wall Art Calendar
 Also, I'm pretty obsessed with the idea of this Sincerely Yours print that I found a picture of on SF Girl By Bay.

Anyone know where I can find this print?  Also, would the wall color show through?  LOVE.

Photo found here at Re-Nest
I'm thinking that I'll repaint (still bright white) the dresser, and perhaps replace the knobs.  Perhaps with knob pulls with a bit of orange.

So sorry I don't know where this photo is from! (note the Ork poster in this room!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!