Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Home Inspiration: Painted Wallpaper

Surely I'm not crazy to want to do this?

Idea and photos found at Jones Design Company here

I mean, look how lovely it turned out:

Idea and photos found at Jones Design Company here

Seriously, I'm contemplating whether one wall with this in our bedroom (done on the dark/grey blue walls with the lighter blue which is in our master bath) would look as awesome in real life as it does in my head.  Also, I'm wondering whether I could at all pull this off without giving up the use of our bedroom for like MONTHS.  (Seriously, I have been known to be a get-it-done slacker.)  What are your thoughts?

One more photo of handpainted wallpaper (or perhaps real wallpaper that could be handpainted) for inspiration:

Photo by Ballard Designs found on Centsational Girl
In non-home decorating news, I'm babysitting Mr. Mason's little buddy Hector (the sweetest SPCA special ever) while his mom and dad are at the hospital RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE having his first human baby sibling.  Oh, sweet Hector, your life is about to be rocked.  I'm praying nonstop that this little baby will come gently into the world and I can't wait to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!