Friday, April 1, 2011

Home Inspiration: Bed Under Stairs

How adorable is this?  I want to tuck this little under-the-stairs-bed idea away for oh I don't know, some day when I have grandchildren and a beach house.  Seriously, how cozy would it be to visit grandma and get to sleep under the stairs? 

Double Dutch, Richard Leo Johnson Photography, found on Apartment Therapy
I'm not quite sure why the top left corner of the top bed nook is a right angle but then they've done a decorative curve on the top left and right corner of the bottom bed nook.  And I think that I might go for less frilly bedding.  (although, lovely, old quilts are quite appealing to me in my going-to-grandma's house fantasy, but maybe that's because that's what we always slept under when I visited mine growing up)  It might even be fun to pain the inside back wall a different color from the white--perhaps a light blue or a soft yellow? 

Hmmm... anyone notice that I'm tucking away eventual grandchild sleeping arrangement ideas when I don't even have children yet?  Not to mention.  Am not married.  Am not even engaged.  (yet). 

It's okay, though.  A girl can dream.  And I'm meant to have grandchildren someday.  Hmmm... and also obviously a beach house.  Someday.  And besides, I can't help it if the inspiration is right in front of me.

3 comments:

  1. That is just too cute! Thank you for participating in the Get Wired Blog Hop! I hope you have an excellent weekend!

    Vickie
    http://victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankkkkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssssss

    http://www.tounsi-cool.net/vb/forum.php

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!