Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mr. Mason, the study-buddy

I'm working from home today so not to share the germs of whatever latest bug I seem to have caught.  I feel guilty not going in to the office, but this is my first and only sick day since starting last August, so I don't feel too badly about it.  Plus, my job really can be done from home (or anywhere with a computer really) and I'm planning to get as much research and writing done here in my pajamas as I normally do in the office. 

Mr. Mason seems thrilled to have me home.  He's spent the morning alternating between house sharing my oversized office chair with me, keeping my lap warm, and occasionally hopping down to jump up on the couch and look out the window, before bringing me a stuffed animal, hoping to lure me away from Microsoft Word and Westlaw in order to get in a few rounds of pretend-the-stuffed-squirrel-is-alive-and-I-have-chased-it-caught-it-and-killed-it.  Really, it's a hard life he leads. 

Poor little guy, after three years of me being in law school, he probably doesn't understand why I have to leave him everyday and go do this work away from him. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm following back from acting balanced blog hop. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!