Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just a reminder to myself that things work out.

Well, I'm sitting in a coffeeshop in the downtown of local-college-town.  I'm freezing because somehow I left my house thinking that my favorite TJ Maxx's yoga pants, sneakers, a snuggly fleece and a North Face jacket (which I'm 90% sure is a knock off but who am I to argue with Mr.-cheapest-price-on-ebay?) was warm enough for an average North Carolina January day.  And maybe it would be normally but this coffeeshop seems to be saving on their heating bills.  I'm editing a draft for work which is due Monday and I'm a bit annoyed at myself that I seemed to have not gotten my act together enough that I had to bring work home on a weekend.  It's been a while since I sat freezing in a coffeeshop surfing the web Westlaw.... about a year as a matter of fact.  And the de ja vous-ness of the moment makes me think about what a year of changes I've had since this time last year when I was still in law school.  In Chicago.  Probably freezing.  And worrying about what was next. 

All in all, I'd say, I've been pretty lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Very true - things do eventually work out. I always say the road there is the hard part!

    Thanks for signing up with the link - I will definitely let you know if I get the ipad because I'd love to give it away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!