Sunday, January 30, 2011

Biking Like My Mr. Mason


So at the risk of being teased mercilessly embarrassing myself further, I thought it was time that this little corner of bloggyland got a picture.  And, of course, nothing can be cuter than Mr. Mason himself.  Only, I don't seem to have any pictures of him on this computer (note to self: must remedy this.  Your audience of 4--whoohoo!  FOUR people are actually following this!--must have proof of Mr. Mason's cuteness) and so I'm going to share with you this picture of him from last weekend.  What is that you say?  You can barely see him for the bike trailer*?  Well, consider this a bit of a teaser then.  More pictures to come.  More gentle self-fun-poking at my own expense as well.

*Yes, I'm well aware that the fact we own a bike trailer is pretty yuppie-tastic.  In fact, I cropped it because the Math Man certainly wouldn't want a photo of him pulling this thing out for all the world to see.  Sigh... You could probably read into this as just one more way in which I treat my Mr. Mason as a stand-in baby... Not that I would do that, of course.  The story behind the bike trailer starts with the fact that the Math Man and I like to ride.  Road biking, of course.  None of that hardcore mountain stuff.  Our town has an extensive greenway system which I just love.  When we first started, I was a bit timid, having not really ever spent much time riding a bike growing up.  But now, I'm much better.  Ehem, well, I am comfortable going over that bump in the sidewalk without slowing down to only 4 mph.  Anyhow, we've started logging anywhere from 12 to 15 miles almost every weekend and we just love chitchatting and stopping for frozen yogurt and just generally getting out there.  But I feel guilty because we've got this sweet little guy at home who would love to be out and about with us.  Hence the bike trailer.  I got it for the Math Man for Christmas and you can probably picture his look of puzzlement when he opened it up.  Mr. Mason has now logged five miles riding it to the lake, where he then got to walk around the lake for 2 miles with us, and then five miles riding in the trailer back to the house.  Pre-bike trailer this is a trip he would have never gotten to take.  After all, Mr. Mason, while being quite fit for a bichon, just plain ol' can't do a 12 mile jaunt in one day.

p.s. Why yes, it did make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to hear from people passing by what a cutie he was.  You most certainly can leave me comments to that effect if you so choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!