Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Update

It was a busy weekend my bloggy friends.  I had an interview, dear friends got married, and we went to a grill-out with Math Man's family to celebrate our engagement and one of his grandmother's birthdays and a second grill-out with friends.  Oh plus, I attempted to house clean and organize the condo.  And re-arranged our bedroom.  And did a small mountain of laundry.  Math Man and I oh-so-briefly discussed wedding plans.  Went to the gym.  Spent quite a bit of time with Mr. Mason.  And I spent lots of time running errands--dropped off things at GoodWill, the consignment shop, the alterations shop, the dry cleaners, and the grocery store--TWICE, because you know, I'm a good planner like that.  You know all those exciting tasks that I'm discovering go along with being a grown-up. 

I also spent some time at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Homegoods.  Remember this post where I was imagining that we could use our two little white bookshelves on either side of our bed as bedside tables?  I moved them there and then measured them in hopes of finding baskets to put in them.  Well, you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that these cute solid white shelves are not at all the same size---in fact, not one of the shelves are the same height.  One book shelf is 10 inches deep, the other is 8.5 inches deep.  One is one width, the other another width.  I didn't let that deter me though.  I took measurements and headed off to Homegoods where I spent quite a bit of time in the basket aisle with my "purse-ruler" (as I called the tapemeasure when Math Man called me to see what I was doing).  No luck, but I haven't given up yet. 

How about you?  Any homeifying progress this weekend?  (If not, don't feel bad, bloggy friends.  Trust me when I tell you that you're probably starting out WAY ahead of where I am starting.  Plus, perhaps you spent your weekend in a more fun way.  Like laying out by the pool enjoying this awesome weather!)

Of course, homeifying our condo actually makes me quite happy---it means I'm that much closer to moving in full time with Math Man!  And having celebratatory grill-outs makes me feel so very loved.  I'm a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!