Friday, June 17, 2011

Wedding Inspiration: Cake


Picture courtesy of  Mary Dougherty Photography via Wedding Wire

Albemarle Virginia is home.  Right in the middle of apple and wine country.  So how perfect and gorgeous is this cake?  I love its symplicity and how it ties right in to home.  I also love that I think it looks so elegant and yet could have been made by a friend--not a fancy bakery.  I also love that it looks like it's displayed on a big wooden cutting board or chopping block.  I think I'd have it be apple spice cake with white cream cheese frosting and, while they're cute (are they scrabble letters?  awesomely nerdy!) I'd probably leave the letters off the top. 

Picture courtesy of  Mary Dougherty Photography via Wedding Wire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!